Monday 25 May 2020

Miserando Atque Eligendo?

Today is the Feast of Saint Bede the Venerable, Father of English Learning, Doctor of the Church, and my Confirmation Saint. I cannot travel the eight miles to pray at his tomb. In Durham. Think on. 

Everyone doing "Dominic Cummings is going to sack Boris Johnson", I did that joke last night. You're welcome. But you don't have to like Cummings to dislike the behaviour of the media outside the home of his small child.

And although I doubt that any of them would risk it these days, if Cummings did have to go, then it would be good to see one of the Durham colleges take in his "super-talented weirdos" project as a kind of research centre.

Time was when one of them might have taken this risk, at least if it were not going to cost them any money, and perhaps even make them a little out of hosting an annual conference. But now? Alas, I doubt it very, very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment