Thursday 27 June 2019

"We Do Vet Our Candidates"

So sniggered some office boy or other at the Brexit Party in ruling out George Galloway as a candidate, something that he has never asked to be. Well, giggle on, girly, because the Brexit Party failed to win even the Peterborough by-election, making it practically certain that it will never win a Westminster seat.

Whereas George is going to score one of the famous victories of the next General Election when he takes Birmingham Yardley from Jess Phillips. Another hung Parliament is coming, and we need our people to hold the balance of power in it. A new party will be registered before the House of Commons rises for the summer recess, even if I have to pay for it myself, ongoing lawfare or no ongoing lawfare.

And I will stand for Parliament here at North West Durham even if I can raise only the deposit, which I could do by going pretty overdrawn, although that was not how I was brought up. I would still prefer to raise the £10,000 necessary to mount a serious campaign, but I am no longer making my candidacy conditional on having done so. In any event, please email davidaslindsay@hotmail.com. Very many thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment