Thursday 20 June 2019

A Call To Arms

As arms sales to Saudi Arabia for use in Yemen are ruled unlawful, the people who claim that Jeremy Corbyn is "defending Iran" are now also condemning him for having been right all along about this. The House of Saud has very deep pockets.

And the people who are in those pockets are not only on the Conservative side. The last time that Corbyn brought this matter to the floor of the House of Commons, then the Labour abstention rate was so high that he has never done it again. But he should. The list of Labour MPs with leave of absence should be published in advance, and Constituency Labour Parties invited to draw their own conclusions.

Having begun by asking, "Do I have the honour of addressing the great David Lindsay?", George Galloway once promised me live on air that he would put that suggestion to his friend, the Chief Whip, Nick Brown, before ending the call by expressing the hope that I would stand for Parliament. Well, over to George to bring this again to Nick Brown's attention.

Beyond that, another hung Parliament is coming, and we need our people to hold the balance of power in it. A new party will be registered before House of Commons rises for the summer recess, even if I have to pay for it myself, ongoing lawfare or no ongoing lawfare. And I will stand for Parliament here at North West Durham even if I can raise only the deposit, which I could do by going pretty overdrawn, although that was not how I was brought up. I would still prefer to raise the £10,000 necessary to mount a serious campaign, but I am no longer making my candidacy conditional on having done so. In any event, please email davidaslindsay@hotmail.com. Very many thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment