Friday 21 June 2019

By The Neck

There was absolutely no risk that someone who had got in past the same security as Mark Field might have been armed. The Westminster Bridge attacker did not enter the Palace of Westminster, nor even enter New Palace Yard by normal means, so do not give me that.

And when you can be fined £150 for feeding a pigeon, then the Conservatives do not really believe that it is merely enough to suspend Field as a Minister. But they held onto Cities of London and Westminster by a mere 3,148 votes last time, when they were not on a mere nine per cent of the national vote. So they cannot get rid of him and risk a by-election.

Imagine that, say, Jeremy Corbyn had done what Field did. Or imagine that it had happened in a workingmen's club. Yet on this occasion, none of the numerous Police Officers present even made an arrest. Or, at least, they did not make an arrest of Mark Field. This is a gangster state, and men do not come much more made than the Conservative MP for Cities of London and Westminster. While there still is one.

Another hung Parliament is coming, however, and we need our people to hold the balance of power in it. A new party will be registered before the House of Commons rises for the summer recess, even if I have to pay for it myself, ongoing lawfare or no ongoing lawfare.

And I will stand for Parliament here at North West Durham even if I can raise only the deposit, which I could do by going pretty overdrawn, although that was not how I was brought up. I would still prefer to raise the £10,000 necessary to mount a serious campaign, but I am no longer making my candidacy conditional on having done so. In any event, please email davidaslindsay@hotmail.com. Very many thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment