Thursday 20 June 2019

Questions And Answers

There can never be too much media exposure of Laura Pidcock as far as I am concerned. But two Conservative MPs, both of them serving Ministers, will make up a further 40 per cent of tonight's Question Time panel. This, and Stanley Johnson on Tuesday's Newsnight, are the BBC's idea of balance.

Now that there is officially an Israel Test for being so much as let onto a phone-in, to the extent that the BBC has apologised for its failure to apply that Test, take note that The Mother of All Talk Shows will return at seven o'clock on Sunday evening, but on Sputnik Radio, which interviews me from time to time, which is available online, and which, though based in Edinburgh, is beyond the reach of Ofcom.

Beyond that, another hung Parliament is coming, and we need our people to hold the balance of power in it. A new party will be registered before the House of Commons rises for the summer recess, even if I have to pay for it myself, ongoing lawfare or no ongoing lawfare.

And I will stand for Parliament here at North West Durham even if I can raise only the deposit, which I could do by going pretty overdrawn, although that was not how I was brought up. I would still prefer to raise the £10,000 necessary to mount a serious campaign, but I am no longer making my candidacy conditional on having done so. In any event, please email davidaslindsay@hotmail.com. Very many thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment