Monday, 5 December 2016
The People's Organiser
Tony Blair is planning "more than a think tank, but less than a political party".
And the traditional right-wingers of Labour First are crowdfunding £40,000 for an organiser to fight against Jeremy Corbyn.
But we are also crowdfunding £40,000 for an organiser, the People's Organiser:
One organiser for every £40,000 raised will provide platforms for those who:
- understand the lesson of the EU referendum result in the United Kingdom, and of the election of Donald Trump in the United Kingdom, which is that the workers, and not the liberal bourgeoisie, are the key swing voters;
- locate identity issues within the overarching and undergirding context of the struggle against economic inequality and in favour of international peace;
- welcome the fact that the EU referendum was decided by those areas which voted Leave while voting Labour, Liberal Democrat or Plaid Cymru for other purposes, and which have thus made themselves the centre of political attention;
- celebrate the leading role in the defence of universal public services of those who would otherwise lack basic amenities, and the leading role in the promotion of peace of those who would be the first to be called upon to die in wars;
- have opposed from the start the failed programme of economic austerity;
- have opposed every British military intervention since 1997;
- opposed Tony Blair's privatisation of the NHS and other public services, his persecution of the disabled, and his assault on civil liberties, all of which have continued under every subsequent Government;
- oppose Britain's immoral and one-sided relationship with Saudi Arabia, and reject the demonisation of Russia;
- have the real eyes to realise real lies, seeing the truly fake news as propagated in support of the economic policies of neoliberal austerity and the foreign policies of neoconservative war;
- reject any approach to climate change which would threaten jobs, workers' rights, travel opportunities, or universal access to a full diet;
- seek to rescue issues such as male suicide, men's health, and fathers' rights from those whose economic and other policies caused the problems; and
- refuse to recognise racists, Fascists or opportunists as the authentic voices of the accepted need to control immigration.
Please give generously.