Thursday 2 April 2020

To Help Them In Their Fight

Neil Clark writes:

I'm afraid to say that on the worst day so far of Covid19 in the UK I've been attacked in the most despicable way possible via a defamatory hatchet piece in a UK magazine (which I won't refer to or link to for the moment as if you're suing for libel you're not meant to promote the libel).

The timing of the piece and its promotion by a few individuals, was clearly designed to cause me and my family the maximum distress. As if we all haven't got enough to worry about at the moment. But for some people even a global pandemic won't stop their attacks.

Having discussed the matter with my wife, my family and my solicitor, I have decided I have no other option but to initiate legal proceedings against the publication as soon as possible. I will be seeking from the publication concerned an (a) apology (b) corrections (c) the prominent publication of a recently published statement (d) the payment of damages which I would like donated to the NHS to help them in their fight against Coronavirus.

In addition I also need to raise money for legal enforcement costs in relation to an earlier matter. I have given an undertaking not to make any public comment re a litigation already undertaken, and I won't be doing that, but that doesn't mean my legal representatives cannot act when I have been defamed.

All contributions, large and small, to help me right these wrongs and end the ordeal that my family and I have been put through are hugely appreciated. Thank you and thank you to everyone who has supported me and my work in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment