Thursday 12 May 2016

Standing Up, Not Standing By?

I could almost stand for the County Council next year, because of the treatment of the Teaching Assistants.

The problem is twofold.

First, I had fully intended to vote for the two incumbents, one Labour and one Independent.

And secondly, everyone else is also going to be voting for those two. There is absolutely no realistic possibility that I, or anyone else, might beat either of them.

But I could almost stand for the County Council next year, because of the treatment of the Teaching Assistants.

4 comments:

  1. You've worked out who the other Labour candidate is going to be and you are determined to beat him head to head. I don't doubt you mean it about the TAs too, but we can all see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If that's who I think it is, nice of him to join us in Lanchester again, he seems to turn up quite a bit when there's an election on but he never wins. Maybe he'll get the message this time.

      Just think, David, if you'd stayed in the Labour Party, Ossie's running mate with no chance of beating Richie in the year you turned 40 could have been you and not him. Don't you wish you'd stayed?

      Delete
  2. I'd be amazed if you didn't do this and stunned if you didn't stand for Parliament in 2020. A unified Left Eurosceptic list in 2019 might also interest you a lot.

    ReplyDelete