Monday 15 July 2019

Wales of Disaffection

Look out for Guto Bebb's split screen moment as he defects to the Lib Dems precisely as Boris Johnson enters 10 Downing Street. He might not be the only one.

The Conservatives have written off Brecon and Radnorshire, and every other party in the House of Commons, including the DUP, was founded specifically not to be them. 

Their operation in Scotland is technically a separate organisation, the 13 MPs for which know that 12 of them would lose their seats under Johnson. 

Sylvia Hermon left the Ulster Unionists when they renewed their acquaintance with the Conservatives.

And so on.

There may or may not be a General Election this year. But a Johnson Premiership will certainly not see Christmas.

Beyond that, another hung Parliament is coming, and we need our people to hold the balance of power in it. A new party is now in the process of registration.

I will stand for Parliament here at North West Durham even if I can raise only the deposit, which I could do by going pretty overdrawn, although that was not how I was brought up. 

I would still prefer to raise the £10,000 necessary to mount a serious campaign, but I am no longer making my candidacy conditional on having done so. 

In any event, please email davidaslindsay@hotmail.com. Very many thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment