Monday 22 July 2019

Blair's Heiress?

It is probably nothing, of course. But rumour has it that Tony Blair is preparing to endorse Jess Phillips for Leader of the Labour Party.

Oh, please let it be true. Please, please, please let us have the likes of Oliver Kamm, David Aaronovitch, Nick Cohen and Harry's Place forced to support a candidate who, at least in the Authorised Version, had resigned from the Labour Party in protest at the Iraq War.

I told George Galloway that he ought to stand at Birmingham Yardley. But anyway, Laura Pidcock fanboys of both sexes, has your heroine endorsed George at West Bromwich East? Well, there you are, then. If George is still one of my Campaign Patrons here at North West Durham, and the MP here has given him no reason not to be, then, while I think that he has picked the wrong seat and the wrong opponent, loyalty is a two-way street.

Another hung Parliament is coming, and we need our people to hold the balance of power in it. A new party is now in the process of registration. I will stand for Parliament here at North West Durham even if I can raise only the deposit, which I could do by going pretty overdrawn, although that was not how I was brought up. I would still prefer to raise the £10,000 necessary to mount a serious campaign, but I am no longer making my candidacy conditional on having done so. In any event, please email davidaslindsay@hotmail.com. Very many thanks.

1 comment:

  1. Pidcock may have given Galloway no reason not to support you... Why would she need to when you can do it for her?

    ReplyDelete