Monday 22 July 2019

Winning Here?

Jo Swinson introduced the £1200 charge to take your employer to an Industrial Tribunal. This is the person over whom The Guardian will be gushing tomorrow. Well, of course it is.

At least as notably, however, she only narrowly won back her seat last time, and she could easily lose it again. 

It is also perfectly plausible that Boris Johnson might lose the seat that he has single-handedly turned into a marginal. His majority is now even smaller than Swinson's is.

Still, he does at least have any majority there. We are now hours away from a Prime Minister who will enter office more than 100 seats short of an overall majority in the House of Commons.

Another hung Parliament is coming, and we need our people to hold the balance of power in it. A new party is now in the process of registration.

I will stand for Parliament here at North West Durham even if I can raise only the deposit, which I could do by going pretty overdrawn, although that was not how I was brought up.

I would still prefer to raise the £10,000 necessary to mount a serious campaign, but I am no longer making my candidacy conditional on having done so.

In any event, please email davidaslindsay@hotmail.com. Very many thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment