Wednesday 31 July 2019

The Long Two Years

There really should not be any other news than this. Boris Johnson says that Britain could stay in the Single Market and the Customs Union for two years after Brexit, if and when such a thing were ever to occur in the first place. And then another two years, of course. And another. And another. And another. He has never been in favour of Brexit.

Another hung Parliament is coming, however, and we need our people to hold the balance of power in it. A new party is now in the process of registration. I will stand for Parliament here at North West Durham even if I can raise only the deposit, which I could do by going pretty overdrawn, although that was not how I was brought up. I would still prefer to raise the £10,000 necessary to mount a serious campaign, but I am no longer making my candidacy conditional on having done so. In any event, please email davidaslindsay@hotmail.com. Very many thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment