Tuesday 23 July 2019

Not So Yellow After All

Jo Swinson says that she would not accept the result of a second referendum, if that result were to leave the EU. She should be applauded for that. She thinks that Britain should be in the EU, she won't stop fighting for that no matter what, and the party that she now leads will be led in that way. I don't agree with her, but at least she's honest. And there are plenty of votes in this. Not mine. But there are. 

You see, another hung Parliament is coming, and we need our people to hold the balance of power in it. A new party is now in the process of registration. I will stand for Parliament here at North West Durham even if I can raise only the deposit, which I could do by going pretty overdrawn, although that was not how I was brought up. I would still prefer to raise the £10,000 necessary to mount a serious campaign, but I am no longer making my candidacy conditional on having done so. In any event, please email davidaslindsay@hotmail.com. Very many thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment