Wednesday 3 October 2018

I Am A Man More Sinned Against Than Sinning

"If Jacob-Rees Mogg didn't have money, he'd have been to prison by now," said my friend who used to be big in the Conservative Party and who remains well-connected in it. 

We were on our way to see Sir Ian McKellen give his Lear, after which I watched Question Time from Bishop Auckland with Rees-Mogg, Rod Liddle and Ian Lavery. To my dying day, I shall never be sure precisely when the first ended and the second began. But you must see that King Lear, at the Duke of York's Theatre until 3rd November. You must. You simply must.

I digress, though. There is a line in British politics, on economic policy since 1977, and on foreign policy since as long ago as 1941. Deviation from it is effectively criminal. All manner of charges will be trumped up in order to silence such a deviant, and that is before the powers that be turn really nasty. Don't I know it, as does my friend.

They can cope with adolescent, faux-proletarian, boilerplate Leftism. That is fundamentally harmless to them, and they have dealt with it a thousand times before, as we all have. Likewise, they can deal with the buffoonery of Boris Johnson, who is an end-of-the-pier turn. They can deal with Tommy Robinson. But we, now we are a different matter altogether.

Another hung Parliament is coming, however, and our people need to hold the balance of power in it. My crowdfunding page is here, or email davidaslindsay@hotmail.com for other possibilities. That address accepts PayPal.

In the time-honoured attempt to ensure a conviction for something or anything by piling on charges so that a jury will conclude that the accused must be guilty of at least one of them, the charge sheet against me now includes an offence that carries a potential life sentence. But am I on remand for it? Evidently not. I am on unconditional bail. Say that again. Unconditional bail.

As with the award of full Legal Aid, the rest of the criminal justice system (the Bench, the Legal Aid Board, the Police) laughs in the face of the Crown Prosecution Service's politically corrupt attempts to prevent me from standing for Parliament.

The Bar sends only its most junior members in against me, and even then without the slightest preparation. To have prosecuted this case will never appear on anyone's CV.

I am hardly likely to change my story now, and anyway it is perfectly true, so the CPS and its backers, who of course do not believe for one moment that I broke the law in actual fact, are looking at complete humiliation at a criminal trial, should they be foolish enough to proceed with one.

Add to all of that the failed attempt to have me committed, which ended when a psychiatrist sat across a desk from me and told me that I had "no mental health issues whatever". How many people can claim to be certified sane? But I can, and I do, because I am.

All in all, when it comes to keeping my name off that ballot paper, then they are running out of options.

2 comments:

  1. "They can cope with adolescent, faux-proletarian, boilerplate Leftism. That is fundamentally harmless to them, and they have dealt with it a thousand times before, as we all have." No one in Lanchester or in North West Durham can imagine who you have in mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a certain pleasure in knowing that the targets of that line cannot read it.

      Delete