Friday 12 July 2019

Shifting Smears

Nobody, absolutely nobody at all, really believes that Jeremy Corbyn hates Jews. The pro-austerity and pro-war line until the 2017 General Election was that Corbyn was useless, and that the Conservatives were going to wipe his Labour Party off the map. 

When that did not happen, then it became about anti-Semitism instead. But Labour is still going to be the largest party in the next hung Parliament, and we need our people to hold the balance of power in it. A new party is now in the process of registration.

I will stand for Parliament here at North West Durham even if I can raise only the deposit, which I could do by going pretty overdrawn, although that was not how I was brought up. I would still prefer to raise the £10,000 necessary to mount a serious campaign, but I am no longer making my candidacy conditional on having done so. In any event, please email davidaslindsay@hotmail.com. Very many thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment