Sunday 15 January 2023

Slip of the Brain

"I hope I shall never live to see a school (or anything else) named after Anthony Blair," writes Peter Hitchens. But there is already a Tony Blair Institute. He set it up himself. When he makes his thrice-daily rare public interventions, then does so through and as that.

Hitchens also writes:

The BBC’s Ritula Shah is an informed and experienced journalist. So how come that on Tuesday night on Radio 4’s World Tonight she asked a conservative US Congressman who is critical about American aid to Ukraine, Bob Good: ‘Do you support democracy and freedom? Are you opposed to Communism?’

What?! I think this slip of the brain reveals a general total misunderstanding among many in the media and politics. Russia ceased to be Communist more than 30 years ago. I was there when it happened. I can provide details.

2 comments:

  1. Will there ever be a school named after Peter Hitchens?

    ReplyDelete