Sunday 15 January 2023

Challenger, Indeed

The Wagner Group cowers in fear before the impending arrival of six, or possibly 14, Challenger 2 tanks in Ukraine. Who knew that the British Army had them to spare? The remains of one of them should eventually be put on public display in each of the first six or 14 previously British freeports that Wagner had ended up acquiring.

In Germany, they are trying to do something concrete about weaning themselves off involvement in such matters, by returning to the exploitation of their domestic coal reserves. Greta Thunberg has descended from wherever it is that she is usually enthroned in splendour, to indicate her displeasure.

And this time, the terror is real on the part of people who should know better. The Germans are more frightened of Thunberg than the Russians are of tanks. One starts to see why which side ended the Second World War in the position that it did.

I am no great Tolkien fan, but references to Thunberg as "Gollum" conjure up the image of being asked by her, either "Have you seen my precious?", or "Have you seen my ring?" I have seen neither the precious nor the ring of Greta Thunberg, and I hope never to do so.

My good fortune seems to be quite rare, though. At just turned 20, Thunberg is the globally acknowledged expert on penis size. Truants have to teach themselves something to fill up the day, I suppose. Hands-on experience, indeed. It is no wonder that she is so averse to the return of the slag heap.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know how she hasn't sent round the bovver boys to your house.

    ReplyDelete