Saturday 13 July 2019

It Takes More Than One Speech

Laura Pidcock gave a barnstorming speech to the Durham Miners' Gala. I applauded it for what it was. The standing ovation from the platform party was deserved.

In general, though, she is still wrong enough that I am going to stand against her. Another hung Parliament is coming, and we need our people to hold the balance of power in it. A new party is now in the process of registration.

I will stand for Parliament here at North West Durham even if I can raise only the deposit, which I could do by going pretty overdrawn, although that was not how I was brought up. I would still prefer to raise the £10,000 necessary to mount a serious campaign, but I am no longer making my candidacy conditional on having done so. In any event, please email davidaslindsay@hotmail.com. Very many thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment