Friday 13 October 2017

Fingered?

Come one, come all to Durham Crown Court on Wednesday 6th December. At 12:30 today, an hour and a half after my hearing was supposed to have been held, the magic fingerprints (or rather, the magic fingerprint) purported to turn up. That was six months to the day after it  (or rather, they) had been the only basis for charging me, a decision that, on that sole basis, had taken seven hours. Convinced? No, and nor will the jury be, even before it has heard the thing that my legal representatives now know.

The award of full Legal Aid is, in this day and age, so rare as to amount to an expression of contempt for the prosecution's case on the part of the wider criminal justice world. It is a matter of record that the Police would not have charged me. It is a matter of record that those Labour members of Durham County Council whom I had ever met at the time that I was charged (Lyn Boyd, Joanne Carr, Malcolm Clarke, Ivan Jewell, Ossie Johnson, Carl Marshall, Linda Marshall and Olga Milburn) all consider it morally impossible for me to have committed the offence alleged against me. All eight of them are hereby invited to sit on the platform of my Victory Rally, details of which are to follow, which is to be addressed by Laura Pidcock MP or else the publicity will say that she had refused, and which might even be held before 6th December, since I have always had the moral victory.

Meanwhile, life goes on, and indeed efforts redouble: my magazine, my work to bring significant employment to this county, the work that I can still do for the Teaching Assistants, my candidacy for the Executive Committee of the Fabian Society this year, my candidacy for Police and Crime Commissioner in 2020, and so on. I could only be convicted by a corrupted jury, and since there is not going to be a corrupted jury, then it is absolutely impossible for me to be convicted. Therefore, this whole business is, as much as anything else, a scandalous waste of public money. Jurors and magistrates everywhere, while this is ongoing, just find everyone except the Hillsborough lot not guilty automatically, and let that be that, possibly forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment