Thursday 1 August 2019

Extra?

So, where has this £2.1 billion come from?

A state with a free-floating fiat currency has, in principle, as much money as it chooses to issue to itself. Various monetary and fiscal means are then available to it in order to control inflation. Anyone could work that out, and all economists have always known it.

But ever since the first of the two times to date that the First Lordship of Her Majesty's Treasury has been given to some Metroland housewife, officially approved politicians, at least, have either not known that, or they have pretended not to know it.

Well, no more, it would seem. Except, of course, in the Parliamentary Labour Party. Another hung Parliament is coming, however, and we need our people to hold the balance of power in it. A new party is now in the process of registration.

I will stand for Parliament here at North West Durham even if I can raise only the deposit, which I could do by going pretty overdrawn, although that was not how I was brought up. I would still prefer to raise the £10,000 necessary to mount a serious campaign, but I am no longer making my candidacy conditional on having done so. In any event, please email davidaslindsay@hotmail.com. Very many thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment