Tuesday 20 August 2019

Come What May, Indeed

Ignore, as you have probably already ignored, the signing of some Order by the man who manages to be the Brexit Secretary without most people's ever having heard of him.

As that Order was made, so can it be unmade.

We are moving inexorably towards Boris Johnson's tabling of something that is not just Theresa May's Withdrawal Agreement all over again, it's not, it's not, it's not.

Except, of course, that it will be.

And this time, it might even pass. Not on Labour votes, although there might be a few, but on Conservative ones.

Because it is not just Theresa May's Withdrawal Agreement all over again, it's not, it's not, it's not.

Except, of course, that it will be.

Another hung Parliament is coming, however, and we need our people to hold the balance of power in it. A new party is now in the process of registration.

I will stand for Parliament here at North West Durham even if I can raise only the deposit, which I could do by going pretty overdrawn, although that was not how I was brought up. Buy the book here.

I would still prefer to raise the £10,000 necessary to mount a serious campaign, but I am no longer making my candidacy conditional on having done so. Please email davidaslindsay@hotmail.com. Very many thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment