Saturday 26 June 2010

Into Exile

Although I have had to tone down The Exile's fruity turn of phrase, I offer this to gladden yet further the hearts of those still trying to post comments elsewhere on here in their hissy fit, now several days in but still going strong, at anyone's having dared to blaspheme their, now well and truly fallen, idol:

Gimlet Kamm has a valedictory post up, basically saying goodbye to most of his readers before the Times goes behind its new pay wall. Being the nicest of all bloggers, I left a comment saying that in the days when the Independent had its wall people would download the latest Robert Fisk piece and repost it around the web. I went on to posit that this was unlikely to happen with anything that Gimlet wrote so it was time to say goodbye. I did mention that I would miss him since whenever I got stuck for a story a trip over to his blog always gave me an easy posting and a cheap laugh. I knew that he wouldn't let the comment through, but I also knew that he would at least read it, and that was all that mattered.

Later on that evening, a ping told me that a mail had arrived at my computer. It was from Gimlet. This is what he wrote:

Thank you for posting your latest comment to my blog. I'm afraid that none is ever published as your racism and praise for the BNP violate this newspaper's guidelines. OK

What can I say? I have never praised the BNP, and I will drink beer with any man of whatever hue, dusky or otherwise. Even if that were not the case so long as I keep within the Times's guidelines for my postings they should be acceptable. Luckily I have kept all my comments to Gimlet's blog so I may take this up with the press complaints' council.

What do I reckon? I reckon that he got angry and he couldn't resist banging out a mail to me. Truly, I shall miss the little wazzock when he is not around. In the meantime it only remains for me to say:

Game! Set! Match!

No comments:

Post a Comment