Wednesday 9 November 2022

Fits All

It will be interesting to see whether this ever made it into the pages of the Mail on Sunday, but Peter Hitchens tweets his concession that his projected national network of grammar schools could not be staffed and was therefore impossible.

My recent posts on education have revealed to me and have reminded me quite whose paths mine has crossed over the years, thereby creating quite which regular readers of this site. Someone of whom you would have heard has asked me how to answer the "one size fits all" line.

I replied that nothing could be less descriptive of the English state school system, but nothing could be more descriptive of a system that took people from every part of Britain, of all countries, and turned them out with the same accent, an accent that only they had. If you hear or read that one, then thank or blame me.

2 comments: