Sunday 17 March 2019

Why Don't I Have £10,000?

Well, if having that kind of money going spare were a minimum qualification to become an MP, then where would that have left the present incumbent here at North West Durham? Did she pay for her entire election out of her own pocket? I only ask.

For that matter, setting aside the entire selection process and simply requiring a constituency party to take what it was given from on high might be, if not ideal, then at least explicable, in the case of, say, a Cabinet Minister whose seat had been abolished by boundary changes.

But what, exactly, was that important about some 29-year-old who had never previously set foot here? Have you never thought to ask yourself that? I have. And I am not the only one. I am not the only one at all. 

Another hung Parliament is coming, and we need our people to hold the balance of power in it. It has become a local commonplace that I am on 30-30-30 with Labour and the Conservatives here at North West Durham, so that any one of us could be the First Past the Post. I will stand for this seat, if I can raise the £10,000 necessary to mount a serious campaign. Please email davidaslindsay@hotmail.com. Very many thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment