Tuesday 21 January 2020

Live Forever?

Official Labour Party magazines from 1995 and 1996, sent out free to all members. The people who shouted at me for laughing at all of this are now the age that Tony Blair was then, and they know that he was no better than they are. Almost none of them is still politically active, whereas I stood for Parliament in 2019, and I will do so again in 2024. You see, you grow out of this kind of thing.




Those same people also used to laugh, shout or scream at me for taking the Durham Miners' Gala seriously. They were still doing so right up to the recent General Election. But now, even Conservative MPs want to attend it, while Jess Phillips has had to pull out of the Labour Leadership Election.

I will be standing for Parliament again here at North West Durham next time, so please give generously. In any event, please email davidaslindsay@hotmail.com. Very many thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment