Tuesday 11 June 2019

Beyond The Muddled Middle

50 to 80 grand? Of what is that the "middle", Boris Johnson? You need to get out more. The top 12 per cent is not the middle. Seven out of eight people are poorer than that. This is just a proposal to cut tax for the rich old people who have a vote in the Conservative Party Leadership Election. 

£50,000 per annum is twice the median household income in this country, and £80,000 is more than three times that figure. People with personal incomes like that are not in the middle of anything. But they are far more likely than the people who are to be voting members of the Conservative Party, and thus to have a say in who to be our Prime Minister by the end of next month. 

Another hung Parliament is coming, however, and we need our people to hold the balance of power in it. A new party will be registered before House of Commons rises for the summer recess, even if I have to pay for it myself, ongoing lawfare or no ongoing lawfare.

And I will stand for Parliament here at North West Durham even if I can raise only the deposit, which I could do by going pretty overdrawn, although that was not how I was brought up. I would still prefer to raise the £10,000 necessary to mount a serious campaign, but I am no longer making my candidacy conditional on having done so. In any event, please email davidaslindsay@hotmail.com. Very many thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment