Wednesday 26 June 2019

Strength, Optimism And Determination

It was good to see Jeremy Corbyn standing with Richard Ratcliffe outside the Iranian Embassy yesterday, in support of Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe, whose fate ought to have ended the public life of Boris Johnson some time ago. 

Corbyn now needs to board a plane to Tehran, with his smartphone in his hands. Immediately before landing, he should tweet that he would not be leaving without Nazanin. The cameras would be waiting, and Nazanin could be brought home.

If I were in Parliament, then I would already have done this. But no sitting MP has done it. Another hung Parliament is coming, however, and we need our people to hold the balance of power in it.

A new party will be registered before the House of Commons rises for the summer recess, even if I have to pay for it myself, ongoing lawfare or no ongoing lawfare.

And I will stand for Parliament here at North West Durham even if I can raise only the deposit, which I could do by going pretty overdrawn, although that was not how I was brought up. I would still prefer to raise the £10,000 necessary to mount a serious campaign, but I am no longer making my candidacy conditional on having done so.

In any event, please email davidaslindsay@hotmail.com. Very many thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment