Monday 24 June 2019

Not A Private Matter

An entire article in the Mail on Sunday pretty much called Boris Johnson a wife-beater. There is a sense that the public is being let in on something that political and media London has always known

Although Elizabeth Day's article was not illustrated with a picture of Johnson, but with a picture of Mark Field, who has to be kept on because the Conservative Party would now lose Cities of London and Westminster.

It has written off Brecon and Radnorshire so completely that it has selected as its candidate the sitting, convicted MP. And it is now a matter of record that a Johnson Government would not have a majority in the House of Commons, forcing a General Election at which several large donors to his party would simply have turned off the tap.

All in all, another hung Parliament is coming, and we need our people to hold the balance of power in it. A new party will be registered before the House of Commons rises for the summer recess, even if I have to pay for it myself, ongoing lawfare or no ongoing lawfare.

And I will stand for Parliament here at North West Durham even if I can raise only the deposit, which I could do by going pretty overdrawn, although that was not how I was brought up. I would still prefer to raise the £10,000 necessary to mount a serious campaign, but I am no longer making my candidacy conditional on having done so. In any event, please email davidaslindsay@hotmail.com. Very many thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment