Saturday 22 June 2019

Johnson's Britain

Applying the law bequeathed by the Thatcher Government, and already used by our next Prime Minister on at least one occasion. Good God, the man does not even know how many children he has. Keep saying that until it quite sinks in. Our next Prime Minister does not know how many children he has.

No one calls the Police just because the couple next door is having a late night slanging match about spilled wine. And while publishing a recording of that slanging match may not be the most broadsheet thing that The Guardian has ever done, it has at least drawn attention to Boris Johnson's chaotic domestic life, the centre which is about to be moved to 10 Downing Street.

Another hung Parliament is coming, however, and we need our people to hold the balance of power in it. A new party will be registered before the House of Commons rises for the summer recess, even if I have to pay for it myself, ongoing lawfare or no ongoing lawfare.

And I will stand for Parliament here at North West Durham even if I can raise only the deposit, which I could do by going pretty overdrawn, although that was not how I was brought up. I would still prefer to raise the £10,000 necessary to mount a serious campaign, but I am no longer making my candidacy conditional on having done so. In any event, please email davidaslindsay@hotmail.com. Very many thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment