Thursday 27 June 2019

Hill Top View

As Margaret Hodge's daughter once again gets her all over the BBC to further her 30-year feud with Jeremy Corbyn while claiming that Jews are the only acceptable victims of racism, a letter opposing the readmission of Chris Williamson to the Labour Party has been signed by our old friend in these parts, Baroness Armstrong of Hill Top.

Hilary Armstrong has some gall, to presume to lecture anyone about racism. In 2003, she banned me from being a District Council candidate in her constituency because I was mixed-race. But in 2017, her name, face, and words of endorsement, graced the election literature of the present MP for North West Durham.

Quite apart from the fact that Lady Crook is a racist who was, at the same time as that incident, the Government Chief Whip at the time of the Iraq War, her latest successor now needs to confirm, both whether she considers the admirable campaign to defend hospital services in Consett to be well served by association with this person, and whether she herself, Laura Pidcock, agrees that Chris Williamson ought to be expelled from the Labour Party.

Another hung Parliament is coming, however, and we need our people to hold the balance of power in it. A new party will be registered before the House of Commons rises for the summer recess, even if I have to pay for it myself, ongoing lawfare or no ongoing lawfare.

And I will stand for Parliament here at North West Durham even if I can raise only the deposit, which I could do by going pretty overdrawn, although that was not how I was brought up. I would still prefer to raise the £10,000 necessary to mount a serious campaign, but I am no longer making my candidacy conditional on having done so. In any event, please email davidaslindsay@hotmail.com. Very many thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment