Thursday 20 June 2019

Leading The Charges

Remember Lockerbie? One acquittal. Acquittal. Found not guilty. And one obviously innocent man who ended up being released on "compassionate" grounds. That is a famous case, but not a particularly unusual one.

And now, quietness bellows around the naming of the "suspects" in the downing of MH17. Anyone would think that the world did not want to know. Anyone would think that nobody believed a word of it. Not about the Russians in Salisbury. Not about the Iranians in the Gulf of Oman. And not about this.

On each of these matters, Jeremy Corbyn's only problem has been his indulgence of any part of the official line. He ought to have led the charge against it. He is of course badly constrained by the dreadful body of MPs that he has inherited.

Another hung Parliament is coming, however, and we need our people to hold the balance of power in it. A new party will be registered before the House of Commons rises for the summer recess, even if I have to pay for it myself, ongoing lawfare or no ongoing lawfare. 

And I will stand for Parliament here at North West Durham even if I can raise only the deposit, which I could do by going pretty overdrawn, although that was not how I was brought up. I would still prefer to raise the £10,000 necessary to mount a serious campaign, but I am no longer making my candidacy conditional on having done so. In any event, please email davidaslindsay@hotmail.com. Very many thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment