Wednesday 28 November 2018

Out Of My Own Pocket?


If I had an annual salary of £77,379, plus lavish expenses, then I would pay one tenth of that out of my own pocket. Has the Chosen One, the great future Leader of the Left, the Member of Parliament for North West Durham, done any such thing? I only ask.

In the flesh, I have only ever met George three times, and one of those was many years ago. Ask his seconder, my erstwhile housemate, Tom "The Speech of the Night" Hamilton, about that one. I doubt that George even remembers me from it. He has never mentioned it since.

But we were in daily contact for many months at one time, and I have been a caller on his radio programme twice. The second time, he asked me directly to stand for Parliament, as he has also done several times when reading out my tweets. He is really quite picky, both about who he allows through, and about whose tweets he reads out.

On that second occasion, he began with, "Do I have the honour of addressing the great David Lindsay?" When we met in person a few weeks later, he publicly embraced me. From that event, the inscription in my copy of his book I'm Not The Only One reads, "To my comrade David Lindsay, with respect, George Galloway."

He has signed several published round-robin letters of mine, notably the one in The Guardian about fake news, the one in the Morning Star about Donald Trump, and the one in the Northern Echo about the Teaching Assistants, which set off the ongoing persecution of me. He has also signed several that have not been published, including one that furiously denounced that persecution.

At his invitation, I appeared in the pilot for a television programme of his that, sadly, was never commissioned. He once said live on air that he would take a peerage if I did. And, perhaps more seriously even than that last point, he has never formally resigned as one of my Campaign Patrons.

So if I had an annual salary of £77,379, plus lavish expenses, then I would pay out of my own pocket one tenth of the £50,000 that he needs in order to make his vitally necessary documentary film about the killing of Dr David Kelly. Has the Chosen One, the great future Leader of the Left, the Member of Parliament for North West Durham, done any such thing? I only ask.

A Chambers and Partners Band 1 legal practice is now on standby to pursue an action to bring about a Coroner's Inquest into the death of Dr David Kelly, an action before the International Criminal Court against those who had brought slavery back to Libya, and an action before the High Court of Justiciary of Scotland inviting it to exercise its declaratory power against Tony Blair and his accomplices in the aggression against Iraq in 2003.

All of these actions are to begin immediately upon my election to the House of Commons. As are the actions to bring about a Coroner's Inquest into the death of Dawn Sturgess, and to challenge the legality of the recent bombing of Syria after the confirmation by the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons that no nerve agent had been used at Douma.

Another hung Parliament is coming, and we need our people to hold the balance of power in it. It has become a local commonplace that I am on 30-30-30 with Labour and the Conservatives here at North West Durham, so that any one of us could be the First Past the Post.

I will stand for this seat, if I can raise the £10,000 necessary to mount a serious campaign. If George can find anything in those seven thousand words with which he disagreed, then I should be fascinated to hear what it was. The present MP, however, would find a very great deal with which to disagree. Please email davidaslindsay@hotmail.com. Very many thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment