Wednesday 8 June 2011

Octoroon News

In February of last year, I came across someone on Facebook who had the same surname as many of my relatives, and whom I therefore assumed to be a Saint Helenian, since he was the most obviously mixed-race person on whom (yes, I) had ever set eyes.

As one of my Facebook friends put it, this person was "definitely an octoroon" who "would have commanded a high price on the New Orleans block back in 1860".

However, it turned out that he was:

"BNP Parliamentary Candidate for Easington Constituancy"

And that:

"Im not racist. But im getting extremely pissed off with asian people in the UK speaking in arabic in public!! Ya go to the corner shop or to the chippy and you hear other languages being spoke! I find it to be totally ignorant!!"

I accepted his friend request for the same reason as I have continued to visit his page: the sheer comedy value.

But what's this? His profile picture showing him shaking hands with Nick Griffin marks him as one of the baker's dozen of my Facebook associates who "like David Cameron".

No comments:

Post a Comment