Friday 5 December 2008

Allen Boyd To Beat Jeb Bush

Also from Right Democrat:

Florida Republican Senator Mel Martinez will not be running for re-election in
2010.

Democrats need a strong contender with appeal to moderate swing voters in Central Florida and the ability to narrow the gap in Republican-leaning North Florida. Congressman Allen Boyd seems like the right kind of Democrat to send Jeb Bush, Florida's worst Governor ever and the likely Republican Senate nominee, back into political retirement.

From Centrist Voice:

Boyd dips toe in water for Florida Senate run

Congressman Allen Boyd (D-FL) has waded into the 2010 Florida Senate race and seems to be staking an claim in the race to succeed Mel Martinez in the Senate. Boyd’s office released the following statement:

I want to join my fellow Floridians in thanking Senator Martinez for his service. I am a fifth generation Floridian with deep roots in the state, and I want to see the state I love and my fellow Floridians thrive. Right now, our state and our nation are experiencing challenging times. President-elect Obama and Senator Bill Nelson will need a strong, steady partner in the U.S. Senate. We need aggressive, bipartisan solutions to the economic, domestic, and foreign policy challenges that face the country.

I have been considering a run for the U.S. Senate in 2010, prior to Sen. Martinez’s announcement today. I will continue to discuss the race with state and national party leaders and with my supporters in North Florida and throughout the state. Most importantly, I’ll talk about this with my family, and I expect we’ll make a final decision very early next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment