Sunday 13 January 2019

The Growing Correlation

Peter Hitchens writes: 

We learn that two SAS men have been wounded in Syria by Islamic State, even though the Government has never actually confirmed they were there.

But how were they hurt? We are told it was by a missile. But it would have had to be a rather sophisticated missile, to hit soldiers so skilled in camouflage and deception. 

What sort of missile was it? Could it possibly have been American in origin? If so, how did IS get hold of it? 

Could it possibly be that the USA has once again armed people who aren’t really as nice as they thought, and the weapons have ‘leaked’ to IS? 

The West, has, as we know, been helping some pretty grim people in its odd attempt to overthrow Syria’s despot, Bashar Assad. 

And:

New evidence appears every day of the growth of violence and mental illness in areas where the laws against marijuana are overthrown or unenforced. 

Total legalisation would be a terrible disaster. Yet Establishment voices still warble loudly in the cannabis choir, repeating the slogans of the Big Dope legalisation lobby. 

Probably they are just ill-informed and gullible, anxious to fit in with fashion. But it is embarrassing to see. 

Last week I was in a TV debate in which the soft- on-dope case was made by a senior MI6 man, and a supposedly serious medical journalist. 

But worst of all was to see a certain Ron Hogg, Police and Crime Commissioner for Durham, lining up with the dope lobby. 

He was rude to me on TV, and later tweeted that I was a ‘bigot’ and my ideas were causing deaths. 

I contacted his office and asked him to justify these assertions. The noisy Mr Hogg fell totally silent. 

I am baffled that the normally sensible people of Durham should have chosen such a person to superintend their police force.

I shall be even more baffled if they continue to do so, especially given the growing correlation between marijuana use and violent crime.

I remain focused on this parliamentary seat of North West Durham, where Labour, the Conservatives and I are each on 30 per cent support, so that any one of us could be the First Past the Post.

But if I had already been narrowly defeated for that by the time of the next election for Police and Crime Commissioner, then I would be a candidate, and I would look forward to seeing Peter Hitchens out on the stump for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment