Thursday 29 March 2018

Letter To The Crown Prosecution Service

Sent last night, copied to my solicitor and to journalists:

Dear Sir or Madam,

It is now only two weeks, including the Easter Weekend, until my trial date (11th April, at Durham Crown Court), but there has been no disclosure of any evidence against me, meaning that it is now impossible for me to receive a fair trial. There has never been any public interest to justify this prosecution; if there is no public interest in prosecuting the father of Poppi Worthington, then there is certainly none in prosecuting me. There is no longer any pretence of an evidential basis to it, either. Your point was made when I failed to be elected to Durham County Council nearly 11 months ago. Not least because the Crown Prosecution Service is hardly in a position to add unnecessarily to its troubles at the moment, I trust that this outrageous waste of public money will now be discontinued.

Yours faithfully,

David Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment