Wednesday 16 September 2020

Crowdfunding My Parliamentary Candidacy


My broad political philosophy is set out here, and some more specific policies are set out here. I seek to defend family and community values by securing economic equality and international peace through the democratic political control of the means to those ends, including national and parliamentary sovereignty. 

I was born in 1977. At various times since 1999, I have served as a Parish Councillor, as a governor of a primary school, as a governor of a comprehensive school, as a governor of a college of the University of Durham, and as a governor of one of the largest NHS Foundation Trusts in the country. I have a long record of working with people of all political parties and none. 

I stood for Parliament as an Independent at very short notice in 2019, and I could have more success with the far more notice that was now available. If I had raised £30,000 by the end of March 2021, then I would spend £20,000 of it before the beginning of the official campaign in late 2024, and the remaining £10,000 during that campaign. 

I am in it to win it. If I had failed to raise £30,000, then any money raised would be given to charity. Of course, any money above the target would also be spent on the campaign. I will contest the seat where the most people had offered to sign my nomination papers during the course of this fundraiser.

No comments:

Post a Comment