Thursday 18 May 2023

God Is Gone Up

Alleluja, alleluja. Ascendit Deus in jubilatione, et Dominus in voce tubæ. Alleluja.

People wondering about the shortage of my own original material of late, I have been involved in a near-catastrophic car chase with the paparazzi in New York. What do you mean, you don't believe me?

What does that have to do with Ascension Day? Well, as the future founding Doge of the Most Serene Republic of Great Britain, I have between 15 and 20 years until the King died, meaning that I would take office in my early sixties. I need to give thought to the form of my and my successors' Fèsta de ƚa Sènsa. All suggestions gratefully received.

That link refers to the man who taught me everything that I once knew about Zadok the priest, and about his successors among the Sadducees and at Qumran. I have been thinking about that scholar while I have been watching Queen Cleopatra on Netflix. As he used to say of the Ptolemies, "So unlike the home lives of our own dear Royal Family."

2 comments:

  1. I'm starting to think you're serious about being President when the King died.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not want a politician as Head of State, but if the vacancy arose, then I would be available. There is plenty of time.

      Delete