Thursday 28 November 2019

Never Walk Alone

I still believe in things like the need for a unanimous jury in order to convict beyond reasonable doubt, and the absolute protection against double jeopardy. David Duckenfield has been found not guilty, and as far as I am concerned, that is that.

But 96 people were unlawfully killed, so somebody must be responsible. And if the Crown Prosecution Service cannot get Duckenfield convicted of any of the 95 charges that it brought against him, then how does it imagine for one second that it stands at least a 50 per cent chance, which is its own criterion, of getting me convicted of either of the ones against me, both of which had already been torn apart in open court when the prosecution's comically incredible star witness disappeared overnight in the United States, causing the jury to have to be discharged?

There are six other candidates here at North West Durham. Six. But none of them ever mentions the charges against me. Ever even mentions them at all. Nor does The Northern Echo, which reported my trial on its front page earlier this year, and which had a reporter at my hearing last week. He would appear to have filed no report, although I am a parliamentary candidate on his paper's patch. Utter silence all round. There is a reason for that.

My crowdfunding page is here, and buy the book here. Please email davidaslindsay@hotmail.com. Very many thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment