Friday 17 May 2019

After Shotley Bridge Hospital

A number of people have been in touch with me in my capacity as one of Derwentside's elected Public Governors of County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust.

The first major campaign in which I was ever involved, including my first ever appearance on television, was in defence of Shotley Bridge Hospital. More than 20 years later, my view remains fundamentally unchanged.

That site is coming to the end of its natural life. These things happen. But the proximity of the Lanchester and Langley Park areas to Dryburn, and the relative proximity of the Stanley area both to Dryburn and to Chester-le-Street, mean that at least the same range of services must be relocated within the Consett area.

As the Member of Parliament for North West Durham, I would refuse to support any Government unless, among other things, it did in fact promise and deliver that at least like-for-like replacement of hospital services in Consett.

It has become a local commonplace that I am on 30-30-30 with Labour and the Conservatives here at North West Durham, so that any one of us could be the First Past the Post. I will stand for this seat, if I can raise the £10,000 necessary to mount a serious campaign. Please email davidaslindsay@hotmail.com. Very many thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment