Friday 29 June 2012

A Healthy Option

Emigration to the United States.

Now that they are going to have an NHS, whereas we are dismantling ours.

Romney couldn't return to the status quo ante. No one wants that. Rather, he would be asked, "What would you have instead?"

Based on his record, and bearing in mind that he would already be in office by then, his answer really would be something like the NHS, probably on the Canadian model.

It would have to be. If you reject RomneyCare/ObamaCare, then what other possible answer is there left?

But then, this always used to be a bipartisan cause. Republican primary voters must still want it to be, or else they would never have nominated Romney.

4 comments:

  1. Emigrating to the USA seems like a useful idea. Although, I am sure I would miss some home comforts. The presidential battle is certainly going to be closer than 2008's Obama-mania! Who are you backing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obama. Because Romney is even worse. But I do understand people who say the exact opposite.

    Obama has alienated the very people who put him in with his wars and his drones, and with his strange changes of mind on immigration and on the definition of marriage.

    But Romney still looks even worse. As I said, though, I can see why people think that Obama is even worse than Romney.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say that I am tempted to vote for Romney. He is arguably as populist as Obama on economics, and I think there is something to be said for the argument that the welfare state is safer under Republicans because Democrats will fight them if they are out of power.

    On a number of economic issues, I actually think Bill Clinton was worse than George W. Bush.

    Oh well, Obama will win Illinois anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nevertheless, I see what you mean.

    And always, always, always vote as you feel to be right.

    ReplyDelete