Tuesday 29 August 2006

Because We're Worth It?

On the idea of me as a workers’ MP on a worker’s wage, David Lindsay Watch writes:

“Damn right. It would be outrageous for David Lindsay to receive the real rate of pay for a serious politician. Not as outrageous as David Lindsay being an MP at all, but still a national disgrace. He has overvalued himself at national average earnings.”

This has really shaken me. Am I prepared to appear to assent to this vile sentiment by being such an MP, or should I just say “Sod you!”, and damn well claim the full salary as a sign to everyone who shares some or all of my views that those views are valid, and as a sign to everyone who voted for me that their votes are worth as much as anyone else’s? My email address is davidaslindsay@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment