Monday 5 June 2017

No Sting In The Tale

One of my A-level English teachers once handed out The Handmaid's Tale, told us to find the rude bits, and then collected it in again, exclaiming, "Well, you can't possibly do that!" We did Huckleberry Finn instead.

Two hours in, and we do not seem to have missed anything. I am still waiting for anything to happen, or even for anyone to say very much. This is being shown in the summer because during the dark nights, the audience would have fallen asleep.

1 comment:

  1. Tried to read it because my "feminist" English teacher said I should. Utterly loathed the thing. Not because it fails at predicting the future, it does flawlessly in that regard, but that the book is just poorly written. Can't recall a single point it made that stuck out to me.

    ReplyDelete