Wednesday 7 October 2009

Conviction Politicians

I have just heard someone on Radio Four objecting to the interviewing of two BNP activists on Radio One, where at least no one will have heard them, or at least no one old enough to vote. (I defend the existence of Radio One on the grounds that if there were no Radio One then there could be no Radio Two, and then where we would we be?) According to the objector, the BBC does not allow on any other party "whose leadership contains convicted criminals and whose membership contains terrorists". Over to one of the most frequent posters of comments on here, I feel.

5 comments:

  1. Oh exactly. There are convicted and of course unconvicted terrorists in Sinn Féin-Irish Republican Army.
    It is indeed bizarre that anyone should overlook the fact.
    I have no problem with BNP being on the airwaves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed the BNP are repulsive racist morons but I would have absolutely no problem in voting for them if it was (strategically) the right the thing to do.
    No problem at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How could that ever be the case?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I think there are three cases FOR voting.
    To support the party/philosophy of my choice.
    In an "English context" to tactically vote Lib Dem as I hate the Tories much more than I actually like "new" Labour.
    And thirdly to vote for any Party I dont like (and the BNP are clearly racist, anti semite nutters) if it is in my wider interest to so do.
    Id happily vote for Lucifer himself to further the interests of my family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not me. I'll eat glass before I'll vote for a racist.

    ReplyDelete