Wednesday 8 October 2008

Coming of Age

Knowing that there would be no announcement until this morning, so that it would not be worth watching the first, pre-American half-hour of Newsnight, I took the advice of a friend who promised me that if I watched the new "comedy" Coming of Age on BBC Three, then I would find something to annoy me enough to blog about, since I ordinarily have a notable shortage of such.

Well, she was right.

Here was a programme which wanted to be Two Pints of Lager and A Packet of Crisps, but which lacked the necessary subtlety and understatement. And it was about schoolchildren!

Furthermore, the BBC had not merely bought this filth. It had made this filth in-house. At the license-payer's expense.

Elect the BBC Trustees, and away with whoever commissioned this rancid material.

Don't whinge. Act.

No comments:

Post a Comment