Wednesday 19 September 2007

A Snowball From The Avalanche

On a post below, you will read the following anonymous comment:

Oh david looks ridiculous everytime he opens his mouth. Unfortunately most of the people who post on here in support of the buffoon do not know the truth behind his libellious and quite frankly ridiculous statements. It is only the fact that David is penniless through the fact that he gets sacked from every job that he has had that stops people from taking him to court. Hmmm...will such a truthful statement get past his moderation? and no, I am not just a stupid northern or a bitter labour person, or whoever he chooses to accuse me of. I am just an intelligent person who gets annoyed as his wanton defaming of hard-working honest people. Believe the nonsense he displays on here as you wish, but dont put down the people who know the real David for the evil, twisted vindictive petty little man that he truly is.

And people say that I can't write!

I have allowed this one because it illustrates what I am subjected to between thirty and fifty times per day. No wonder I have comment moderation.

Whereas I can only do the moderation now, because I spend most of the day in an office which has blocked Blogger, you and I are paying for these people to spew this and much worse abuse, anonymously, onto websites.

So terrified are they that a movement might arise which would make them work for a living, something that they would be wholly incapable of doing. I cannot tell you how proud I am that they hate me.

10 comments:

  1. You'll be able to guess who I am but that's no reason for everyone to know.

    As a user of your freelance sevices from time to time, I have your CV in front of me and it rightly says both that you have never been out of work since leaving university and that although you have had fixed-term contracts expire, you have never been sacked from a permanent job.

    Your references confirm this and I would happily write such a reference myself. So would a lot of other people. In fact we do so and will carry on doing so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very many thanks. See you at the weekend or next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why not post your CV here, David?

    I'm sure a lot of people would be interested to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someone else being a bad writer doesn't make you a good one. A truth which you will, being a man of integrity, acknowledge publicly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How are we paying for these people? How do you know what they do and who pays them?

    A genuine question.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. I bet they wouldn't be!

    2. Quite so, but I think I'm better than THIS.

    3. I am 99% certain who some of them (including this one) are, since they have left broad enough hints, presumably on purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I was "penniless". Then I could dress, dine and drink like David Lindsay!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Drink, dress and dine like David Lindsay? I've known David since he was 11 and if there's one thing I know about him it's that his taste in clothes is far from extravagant.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you. I just believe in dressing (and eating, and drinking) well. That has nothing to do with expense: it can be done perfectly easily on a tight budget, whereas many types of absurd clothes, vile food and rancid booze are expensive.

    ReplyDelete