Wednesday 16 September 2020

Interests of Justice?

The following just been sent to the Legal Aid Agency:

Dear Sir or Madam,

I received a letter from you today, despite its being dated 15th April although there is no date on the postmark, informing me that I had been denied Legal Aid because, despite my undenied hardship, my case did not meet the Interests of Justice criteria. 

By a remarkable coincidence, this morning, my solicitor (or so I had expected) emailed me to say that my case had been brought forward by six days, so that it was to be heard first thing tomorrow morning. It is now financially impossible for me to defend myself. I therefore need my application to be reconsidered, and I very much hope that the hearing of my case will be put back until that reconsideration had taken place. 

The other side is the Catholic Church, which I hope is proud of persecuting a poor, ill and disabled practising Catholic with no financial means to defend himself, and to whose solicitor I am copying this in the hope of an outbreak of Christian charity before the end of this working day. 

I am most grateful for your attention. 

Yours faithfully, 

David Lindsay (Mr)

I hope that the dear old Diocese of Hexham and Newcastle is exactly as proud of this as it ought to be. It had better believe that the crowdfunding page for my parliamentary candidacy is about to go up. Corrupt local government, old staffers from the Blair years, Keir Starmer's Crown Prosecution Service, the salaried bureaucracy of the Catholic Church in the North: I am fighting the right-wing Labour machine on all fronts, and I am fighting on.

No comments:

Post a Comment