Thursday 12 December 2019

Behold I Stand At The Door, And Knock

People are asking why I did not put out a "free leaflet". But the leaflet is not free. Only the postage is. Of course the State does not pay for anyone who might want to stand for Parliament to print 70,000 leaflets at all, never mind in colour and with photographs. Neither the Brexit Party nor the other Independent has put out a leaflet here, either. 

As for "You didn't knock on my door", who did? Nobody has knocked on the doors round here at election-time in at least 20 years. My mother wonders why television still shows this long-abandoned practice on the part of political parties that, unlike me, have hundreds of people to do it. But there will be door-knocking next time. And a leaflet. Unlike several other candidates in the latter case. And unlike any in the former. 

Vote for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment