Thursday 18 June 2015

Destiny In Quite A Similar Way

I hope that you all enjoyed last night's ABBA reunion, on the eve of today's bicentenary of the Battle of Waterloo.

Apparently, the blonde one is now married to Ed Balls, who is off to Harvard.

I have never met anyone who went to Harvard without a reference from me. So I had better never meet him, for fear of breaking that record.

When I first wrote one, I wondered what the world was coming to, that anyone needed a reference from David Lindsay in order to get into Harvard.

But now, I wonder what the world is coming to, when Ed Balls can get into Harvard without a reference from David Lindsay.

Clearly, standards are slipping.

2 comments:

  1. Your reference got me into Harvard. You are a legendary referee, able to get anybody anything. I assume that you are still much sought after?

    ReplyDelete