Tuesday 27 April 2010

Watts Is To Be Done

As Lenin nearly wrote.

Watts Stelling's leaflet has arrived. Good local communitarian populist stuff from a man who obviously has his ear to the ground. A strong commitment to national sovereignty and to family values. And a welcome emphasis on the fact that he is more experienced than the Lib Dem, and vastly more so than the Labour or UKIP candidate, while the Tory does not live here, and of the BNP effort "Who knows?" We are very fortunate in this country, that that last tendency is comprised only of people who are by definition stupid and uneducated, with no equivalents of, for example, the FN-allied French periodicals that publish articles about the Lost Dauphin or l'affaire Dreyfus.

So I never had any doubt for whom I was going to vote, and I have certainly not developed any by reading his leaflet. I do realise, however, that this blog is read by people such as now constitute the remnant membership of all three parties, to whom endorsement of a candidate is exactly the same thing as a firm prediction that that candidate will win, on the unquestioned assumption that all candidates are politically identical. I have no idea whether or not Watts will win. But I very much hope that he does. And I will be voting for him.

Although still barely able to get out (I managed as far as the post box at the end of my street today), I am aware that the Labour posters that used to cover the old pit villages and steel town of this constituency in the run-up to a General Election are now extremely conspicuous by their absence. So Labour, with its invisible candidate and its inactive campaign, could certainly lose. In which case, Watts could win. All that we have to do is vote for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment